commercial garage doors Services
Rolling Steel Doors
Rolling steel overhead garage doors are robust commercial doors built to last. These doors are used in a variety of commercial facilities that value durability, safety, security and longevity. The most common rolling steel doors are ribbed and have a curtain with slats made of galvanized steel.
Rolling steel doors are available in a variety of slat profiles depending on the manufacturer selected and can be customized for high cycle counts in order to accommodate continuous use and extend the timeframe before springs replacement is needed. Depending on the building requirements, the slat curtains are also available in stainless steel and aluminum with a variety of powder coat color options. Rolling steel doors are available in non-insulated and insulated models and you can select light duty, heavy duty or springless rolling steel models.
Door operation options includes crank, chain hoist and with commercial garage door operators. When deciding between types of operation it is important to think about how many times a day the door with cycle and what is the most convenient for your commercial property. There are a variety of overhead coiling doors including fire-rated steel doors and high speed doors.
Commercial Rolling Steel Garage Door Features & Options
- 18-gauge to 24-gauge steel.
- Full range of colors on some models and specialty colors for certain models.
- Aluminum or stainless steel curtains, guides and bottom bars.
- High cycle springs (10K-1M cycle options).
- Add insulation to the for thermal efficiency, noise reduction durability and minimal upkeep.
- 16 gauge steel guides.
- Slat profiles – large curved slats, large flat slats, small curved slats, small flat slats, aluminum extruded slats (thick and thin line).
- Vision lites – single or multiple 3″ wide cutouts, open for ventilation or covered with acrylic.
- Partial grille curtain connecting top and bottom slats.
- Pass door option.
- Designed to withstand 20PSF or 80MPH winds.
- High-performance hardware upgrades.
- Cylinder locks on foot piece or guide interior slide locks.
- Windlocks available.
- Outside keyed security locks.
- Access control upgrades and safety reversing systems.
- Header and jamb seals.
- Warranties vary per manufacturer and proximity to coastal environments including 1-year, 3-year, 5-year, 10-year and limited lifetime
Commercial Rolling Steel Garage Door Common Repairs
- Curtain misalignment.
- Spring barrel replacement and hood bracket replacement.
- Full curtain and/or worn or damaged slat replacements.
- Guide repair or replacement.
- Reduction gear assembly.
- Bottom bar and astragal replacement.
- Safety sensor misalignment (if automated).
- Chain for chain hoist replacement.
- Push button replacement (if automated).
We only recommend what you need.
Commercial Rolling Steel Garage Door Maintenance
It is recommended to lubricate all moving parts every six months to one year. More frequent use doors will require more frequent lubrication. Regular maintenance should include checking the following items:
- Inspect curtain and bracket alignment and ensure it is level and is moving through opening smoothly.
- Check curtain components (slats and end locks).
- Inspect fasteners connecting curtain to barrel are in place and securely fastened.
- Check to ensure hood isn’t dented or damaged and/or rubbing against the curtain and that the hood is level.
- Inspect bottom bar and fasteners to ensure in place and make sure it is tightened and not damaged.
- Inspect guides and hood for damage.
- Check spring tension in the spring barrel.
- Inspect and lubricate bearings.
- Check sprockets and sprocket key for alignment and ensure it is fastened with set screws.
- Inspect stops to ensure none are missing, loose or broken.
- Inspect and lubricate chain hoist or commercial operator.
- Check sensing edge and/or safety sensors for proper functionality.
- See commercial operators for maintenance information.