Whether your garage door is squeaky, a spring has sprung or it has sustained damage, you certainly want to deal with garage door problems quickly for convenience and the safety of your home. Though, you may be wondering how to choose the right garage door repair company. Keep it simple and professional with this requirements checklist.
License and Insurance
As you search the Internet or yellow pages for a garage door repair company, you are sure to find dozens, if not hundreds, of companies available to you. This can make it daunting to choose the right one.
The first prerequisite on your list for choosing a company is license and insurance. You certainly don’t want a fly-by-night outfit that won’t do good work and won’t be there in the future when you need parts or maintenance.
Narrow your list of prospective companies by only those that are properly licensed and insured. If a bodily accident or property damage were to occur during work on your garage door, you may be financially liable if your garage door repair company isn’t properly insured. Ask for their insurance information and call the insurance company to verify it is up to date.
Check References and Reviews
There are many resources available to you to check the reputation of a company. Take a few minutes of your day to confirm that you are indeed hiring a reputable company that has been around for several years.
- Angie’s List: Angie’s List is a customer-review website that offers reviews from real customers. With Angie’s List, you don’t necessarily need to ask family or friends for referrals. Look for the “Angie’s List Super Service Award” from the company you hire.
- Yelp: Similar to Angie’s List, Yelp is a service review website that offers approximately one-hundred million reviews about companies across the country in many industries.
- Google+: Take a look at a prospective company’s Google+ account to learn more about them.
- Facebook: Customer reviews should be posted on a company’s Facebook page. You may also see how many “Likes” a company has.
- BBB: The Better Business Bureau has been around for more than 100 years. Rather than offering reviews like Yelp and Angie’s List, the BBB will show you how a company handles and resolves any misunderstandings, complaints or disputes with their customers. Accept no less than an “A+” BBB rating from the company you hire.
- Testimonials: Lastly, ask prospective garage door repair companies to provide you with references and testimonials from recent work.
There’s never a convenient time for a garage door to malfunction. Though, some garage door problems are more troubling than others. Perhaps you are about to go on vacation or a business trip and you have a problem with your garage door, openers or wireless and WiFi components. You don’t want to compromise the safety of your loved ones and home. So, you assuredly want fast and professional service.
Make sure the garage door repair company you choose to work with offers same-day service, answers with helpful and friendly service, and carries the parts you need with fully-equipped vehicles to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Fair and Honest Pricing in Writing
Some garage door problems may be able to be identified with a phone call. Though, garage doors are constructed of many hardware parts, moving parts, a motor, wireless devices and even computerized circuit boards.
It may be necessary for your garage door repair company to make a trip to your home to properly identify the problem. Work with a company that offers free estimates and, before work begins, get the estimate in writing!
This is why it’s important to follow the previous steps to ensure you are hiring a reputable company that will give you a free and honest estimate.
If it’s time to replace your garage door due to age, damage or inefficiency (for conditioned garages), you certainly want several manufacturer or custom-built options to choose.
- Green: More homeowners are choosing “green” products for their home, such as fiberglass garage doors, to help protect the environment for future generations.
- Wood: Wood garage doors offer natural beauty, whether painted or stained Carriage, Contemporary or Traditional style.
- Metal: Steel and aluminum garage doors offer many styles to choose, and they are long-lasting and require little maintenance.
Garage doors and parts endure wear and tear through the years, depending on usage, maintenance and your local environment. Make sure the company you work with offers manufacturer product warranties and, moreover, guarantees their work.
If you need your garage door repaired, please contact the experts at Garage Door Medics. Over the past 25 years, we’ve developed long-lasting relationships with our customers in Southern California and look forward to assisting you with your garage door needs.